Working for Us
- SBS Application Form (PDF)
- To submit a general application, you can do any of the following:
- Fax to (907)966-3115
- Mail to:
208 Lake St. Suite 2E
Sitka, AK 99835
Corporate QUALITY ASSURANCE (QA) Manager
This position is an integral management position within Silver Bay Seafoods, LLC (SBS) and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Hiring, training, organizing and standardizing the Quality Assurance departments for all SBS facilities.
- Establishing QA protocols and procedures for all three facilities.
- Yearly Review and Edit of all facility HACCP plans.
- Making sure that SBS is compliant with regulatory agencies such as: ADEC, FDA, USDC, EPA etc.
- Lead inspections and follow-ups with audits and regulatory agencies.
- Train staffs at each facility on inspections and audits.
- Work closely with traceability and labeling of all products.
- Involvement with product development new products are being discussed and implemented.
- Being available for recalls or product inspection, whether in Sitka, Seattle or abroad if needed.
This position is based in Sitka, and is required to be on site in Alaska during active production, set-up and preparation for production, and for the final year end documentation after production is complete. It is also mutually understood that in the non-production period, while the incumbent is not physically located in Alaska, he/she will be available for work as needed.
In this position, the incumbent will work directly for the General Manager of Operations, and will work with the needs and requests of the sales staff.
QA staff at all three locations will report directly to the Corporate Quality Assurance Manager, but will work with the facility manager with day to day scheduling.For all inquiries, applications and resumes regarding this position, please contact General Manager of Operations Jon Hickman at (907)747-7996.
Please email your resume and cover letter to
Silver Bay Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.